Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Insanity- Day 10

I'm on my 10th day of the workout and going into Cardio Recovery today. This is actually my first time doing Cardio Recovery- I skipped it last week because I skipped a day and decided to go right into Pure Cardio to punish myself. Haha! But from what I hear, Cardio Recovery is no picnic. Eek!

One thing for sure so far with this workout is that you need proper sneakers!! I don't actually own any jocky sneakers, so I was doing the workout in these old Puma Tigers, and my ankles and shins were just about ready to give out. In fact, during my last Plyometric, I had to stop 10 minutes before it was all over, only because my sneakers were just killing me. The pain was distracting me from the entire workout. It hurt to even do the cool down at the end. So! Here's a tip to those about to get into this- make sure you start with the right sneakers! I'm getting a pair of cross trainers today, and I'm pretty stoked to do this workout with proper footwear.

So far this workout has been such a good experience for me. I've always been one of those people who hated "working out", meaning any intentional workout outside of transportation needs (biking), or fun stuff (snowboarding, skating, swimming). I've always felt freakishly strong, but Insanity is showing me that my threshold is not where I thought it was- I can definitely go further than I ever thought I could.

Also Insanity is really fun to do with buddies! I've had a lot of fun starting it off with Krista. My roommate is joining in tonight. YEAH!

More to come! I keep meaning to do before and after pics- I'm just so lazy. Maybe tonight.
-Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment