Monday, December 13, 2010

Welcome to Brooklyn


Hello! I'm excited to present the new Brooklyn chapter of Insanity Punx! Right now, it's just me with a little sideline action from Rachel Rubino, but hopefully more people will join in the future.

As for my decision to start the workout, it comes from a unique place, as I'm sure it does for most of the people posting on this blog. In my early twenties I was diagnosed with an incurable and life-threatening physical illness, and it has changed the way I view my body and health. Because my illness is untreatable, one of the only things I can do is to keep my body in good shape. This is part of the reason I came to this workout, and I'm glad to be able share the experience with others!

For starters, I believe I did a lot of the fit test exercises incorrectly, because after having done the workout for almost two weeks now, I've been trained to understand their correct form. Oops! Oh well, I'm sure the results of the second fit test will decide that theory.

Here are my results for the first fit test:
Switch Kicks: 110
Power Jacks: 40
Power Knees: 70
Power Jumps: 40
Globe Jumps: 9
Suicide Jumps: 11
Push Up Jacks: 18
Low Plank Obliques: 50

After the first three days of the workout, I woke up feeling like a rusty robot, but I haven't felt too sore since. I'm trying to carefully balance the workout with one of my jobs- as a bike messenger of sorts- because I don't want to push myself too hard and be unable to work well. Part of me thinks this is holding me back because, as an ex-cross country runner, track athlete, and current cycling freak, I'm pretty experienced on how to hold back and sustain my energy throughout workouts, which is kind of the opposite of what the Insanity Workout strives to do. I guess I'll need to dig deeper to find out!

And I am really not a fan of these kinds of pictures, but here's me on day 4 (I'm currently on day 13):



I'll be back after my second fit test!

- Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment