Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh My Fucking God I'm Going To Die....

OMFGIGTD.....well...not REALLY....but after completing day 36 of insanity last night....I sure felt that way...

Overall I think My experience with insanity has been great....but jumping back into full steam workouts yesterday was fucking brutal. I had gotten used to the relaxing pace of the core cardio and ballance routine. While this is still certainly a challenging workout in some respects(shoulder burners, Fuuuuuuuucck) I got really into the slow pace of the exercises and also the repetition...the same routine every day (except for thanksgiving, which i skipped) ...I had just enough time to start to feel really mellow. The holiday weekend didn't help any either, as I got quite into sitting on my ass and watching cable tv at my moms house....

So, cut to last night...i was even really nervous about my fit test, because...honestly I just wasn't feeling as strong as I did around week 3 or 4, but despite this, I was pleasantly surprised with my 3rd fit test results...

Switch Kicks : 126 i made a big jump here! from 91 last time. I feel like I finally got my form right and I just went for it..
Power Jacks 45 ...exactly the same as my last test...
Power Knees 78 up from 70 last time...in previous fit tests I've had to shake it out and readjust my position for ballance which I didn't have to this time..
Power Jumps 28 .....exactly the same as last time...this exercise fucking KILLS me...
Globe Jumps 11 I got 12 last time, but I don't feel too bad about the drop off...
Suicide Jumps 18 Last time I got 20....It was this part of the workout where I was really feeling the lack in intensity of the past week.
Push Up Jacks 29 I got 4 more than last time, maybe those shoulder burners paid off..
Obliques 60 up 10 from 50 last time...this is also the area of my body where I see the biggest difference since starting insanity...

So, at the end of this I just laid down on my floor and watched 3 quarters of the max workout that was ahead of me....When he started doing those hops I was like "fuck no" and when I saw the full body drill I was seriously doubting my ability to do it....But I remembered the first week and how tough it all seemed. So i watched the moves to get an idea of the forms for 45 minutes and then dove back in...

and holy crap. It wasn't so bad starting off, the new warm up routine was actually kind of cool and I didn't have any trouble, so I thought , ok, my body remembers all this stuff....but after the stretch when things got going...yipes. I was finding that I really needed to take extra rest time by the 3rd sets, and it felt sort of discouraging because by week 4 I was feeling strong going through the moves, but this week I was feeling weak and wobbly. like plank punches? what? my arms were like rubber.

For the first time since the first couple days I weakly dragged myself to the bath and kind of just sat in the tub with the shower on...and didn't move....for...i don't know how long...until i started to feel like I could stand up again.

So today, I am trying to tell myself
"ok, at least I don't have to do a fit test...just 59 minutes and it will all be over..." And try to remember that it was the first 3 days that really killed me and how awesome the first recovery workout felt. Or how exercises that were initially really challenging started to become second nature by the end of the first month. It's kind of hard to imagine that I'll get to the point where I can breeze through some of these moves....but I guess i'll just have to focus...and power through...

here are some corny pics of me with my shirt off...




these are actually from week 3/4 , the laptop cam broke but I'll try and figure a way to show off my rippling hulktacular muscles for future fit test pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment