Friday, February 4, 2011

"I have to be really honest right now..."

"... I'm actually really nervous for this workout." So sayeth Shaun T in Pure Cardio, succinctly echoing my sentiments. Day Five of Insanity was absolutely the most insane thus far.

After seeing some of Philadelphia's finest turn into sick, ripped beach-body machines, I decided to join in on the insanity last Monday (last poor pun, f'real). I keep weird hours for work and school, so I have to go it alone in my journey. Thankfully, Shaun T and his merry band of revelers (including the vivacious fitness goddess Tanya- dare I speak her name) are around to keep me company whenever I get the urge to dig deep!! For anyone who wants to start, but can't find any partners or- like me- keeps inhumane hours, don't be afraid to go solitary! In addition to being a physical workout, it's a great exercise in self-motivation. Altho only on Day Five, I've found myself having more energy, getting better sleep, and waking up easier. But I also smell really bad because I don't shower. I'll def edit out that last line before submitting this entry.

The original Fit Test was rough going for me. Aside from riding my bike up hills and wading my way impatiently through a sea of humanity on foot, my physical limitations have not been pushed in a few years. A further caveat in relation to me being out of shape is that I have a problem with blood pooling in my legs with excessive activity. The only thing I've found that helps is working out on a consistent basis. Therefore, having not done so for some time, my legs went a little dead on Day One. I'm fully expecting my next set of results to be an improvement.

Switch Kicks: 80
Power Jacks: 50
Power Knees: 81
Power Jumps: 22
Globe Jumps: 5
Suicide Jumps: 8
Push Up Jacks: 14
Low Plank Obliques: 40

Looking at the numbers, it's pretty clear that I started tanking with the Power Jumps. The Globe Jumps were also really frustrating, altho half of that had to do with not giving myself enough space. Space is another thing to take into account for those thinking about hopping (Power Jumping?) aboard the fit train.

In terms of eating, I've fallen into a routine of cereal and a banana pre-work out, and then oatmeal with flaxseed and brown rice protein in post. It's been working out pretty well thus far, and I find my thirst and appetite (for destruction) to be far more ravenous than usual. Otherwise, I'm eating generally the same stuff.

Stay posi, erry1!!! And when all else fails, ask yrself... WWSTD?? He'd jack it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment