Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Insane in the membrane!


Hey everyone! This is the first post of NC insanity punx. We've got about seven folks getting insane at the moment. Today Dana and I finished day four of insanity, and I'm already starting to feel a lot better. The first three days were killer! My goal with insanity is to get more strength and endurance so I can hike longer, bike longer, and of course, be prepped for the revolution.

Here are our before photos:

Here are our stats for our first fit test:

Hannah:
Switch Kicks: 72
Power Jacks: 45
Power Knees: 82
Power Jumps: 26
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 16
Push Up Jacks: 12
Low Plank Obliques: 71

Dana:
Switch Kicks: 106
Power Jacks: 45
Power Knees: 63
Power Jumps: 30
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 15
Push Up Jacks: 20
Low Plank Obliques: 50

Anyone have good advice on eating before and after the workout? I've been doing a light breakfast like fruit and soy yogurt or brown rice bread with cashew butter before the workout, and a green smoothie with fruit and spirulina as a recovery drink. And most importantly, drinking a TON of water all day.

Any words of wisdom are totally appreciated! You all are doing/have done an awesome job, and I'm stoked to finally be starting the insanity myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment