Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 4: Recovery!

I only have time for a quick post today. Today was Recovery Day and I needed it. Recovery for me used to me my least favorite day, and not surprisingly the day I most often skipped. When I went through Insanity the first time I was about 40 pounds heavier, had minimal core strength and absolutely no balance. I couldn't do most of the stretches properly so, when I actually decided to to the Recovery Day, I spent a lot of time laying on the floor confused and frustrated. After about 3 weeks last time around I felt much more confident in streches during the other workouts, but still didn't have the control to do a lot of the positions in the Recovery video. This time around I got through almost the entire stretch without falling over once! and, I cannot tell you how great I feel today since! This morning I woke up still sore and really looking forward to the stretch and it was so completely and utterly satisfying. Soreness be gone. Speaking of which, make sure to check out Jeff's comments on the last post about soreness. Great stuff!

Tomorrow Allie and I are going to try and fit our first guest, Stefan, in the tiny room where we get INSANE. Pure Cardio here we GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment