Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 8: Surviving the Weekend

So this weekend I chumped out. I skipped my saturday workout to hang out with out of town friends and ate like shit all weekend, including eating 2 slices of pizza and 6 grape leaves 30 minutes before I had to play a show (Pink Coffins) We played and I tried to get as much of a workout in during our set as possible. This is where Insanity workout and hardcore mesh perfectly... Think about it; higher go! jumps, faster mosh tactics, more stamina for maniacal movement while singing.... but in reality the pizza negated all potential benefits and I spent the last 3 songs trying not to puke. As soon as we finished playing, I puked. Doh.

Sunday I tried to make up for it by eating healthier (didn't do it, yes Andy Gun Birthday cupcakes) and playing soccer. At soccer I exerted myself a little too much. I didn't really get the full rest day my body needed, which left me tired and not looking forward to today's workout.

I decided to reboot. I slept in, ate a big bowl of oatmeal, walnuts and a scoop of protein powder, drank some coffee, let it digest, and took my time getting started today. It turned out to be exactly what I needed. I feel like I killed today's workout. I didn't take any extra breaks, and only modified the moving push ups for the last 2 sets (the tricep dips KILLED me.) I feel great now! I am regretting my setbacks on the weekend, but realize that I probably need those deviations to keep myself sane as I remember to just keep moving forward.

1 comment: