Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 9: A Historical Moment

Well, it has happened. After about 6 months of trying to get into shape, losing around 35 pounds in the process, I have visible abs! (granted I had to shave my forest of stomach hair to see the definition.) This is a huge accomplishment for a kid who used to come home, mix a bag of chocolate chips and a jar of peanut butt in a saucepan, melt them together into the aptly name "Fat Kid Stew," and call it dinner. Watch out Australian beach dwellers! Here's hoping for a 6-pack by my New Years hang at Manly Beach!

Side note for the day. I really find that taking my time getting up, eating a quick breakfast of about a cup of oatmeal mixed with 1/4 cup walnuts and a scoop of protein powder and going for a walk to get a coffee enables me to push myself a lot harder than on days when I just get up, eat something quick take a 20 minute digestion period and go for it. Luckily my job these days gives me the time or these luxurious mornings. If you have the time, take it before getting Insane.

2 comments:

  1. What's up with no photographic evidence?
    Give it up, Hollander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no visible abs in athens, OH yet. maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete